Monday, April 26, 2010

Searching for the Perfect Lip Stain

I'm the girl that collects lip gloss, but fails to religiously wear it. I just love experimenting with the colors, but really hate reapplying. So my new quest is to find a lip stain that provides long wear color that doesn't dry out and looks great with gloss. A big plus to these products is that they can also double as a cheek color. I love berry colors and pinks, but recently found myself gravitating towards peaches. Here are a few lip stains I'm dying to try out:





Found: Sephora (sephora.com)

Product Tarte lip stain

Price: $24

If this lip stain is anything like their amazing cheek stain, then I'm all for trying this marker-type of stain. They come in a variety of colors and are made with all natural ingredients - a definite plus!





Found: Sephora, Bloomingdales, Ulta, Nordstrom

Product: Stila Cheek and Lip Stain

Price: $24


I am definitely going to try the peach and pomegranate colors! If the lip glaze is any indication as to how great this product will be, I'm definitely on board.




Found: Sephora, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom

Product: Benefit PosieTint and Benetint

Price: $28

I am slightly obsessed with the Benefit brand. They consistently come out with amazing products and I am always recommending their blush, bronzer, highlighter, and tinted moisturizer to my friends. Benetint is the original lip/cheek stain and comes out a rose color/flush. Posie tint is more of a pink color, which I think I will be trying.


Found: Sephora, Neiman Marcus,

Product: Givency Tinted Look Lip Stainer

Price: $ 24.50

I recently got a Givenchy lip gloss as a free gift from Sephora and I absolutely love it. Givenchy sell luxurious make-up and I'm quite surprised the price isn't more expensive. The only downside is that there are only two colors, a rosy pink and red. However, I'm sure they will look great on anyone.



Found: Sephora

Product: Sephora LipStain and Gloss; Sephora lush flush lip and cheek stain

Price: $15 ; $14

Sephora brand cosmetics is a great way to get luxury make-up at a more affordable price. I usually go for this brand when I am not ready to commit to the big prices, but still want to try it out. The stain/gloss combo comes in three colors: coral with gold gloss, berry pink with clear gloss, and magenta with pink gloss. The lip and cheek comes in a berry, cherry red, and a medium rose color.


Found: drug stores

Product: Cover Girl Lipstain

Price: $8

This lipstain has been getting a lot of press. It comes in a hand full of colors (the one pictured is a coral) and is pretty cheap. I would definitely try this out to see which colors I looked best on my complexion.

No comments:

Post a Comment