Monday, April 26, 2010

Leather Jackets - Great for Spring

I have been searching furiously for a great brown leather jacket, preferably one that was real leather that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I have posted some of the ones that I was considering before I made my purchase.

This is the one that I ended up going for. As you scroll down, you will see that it is the cheapest one I found. I guess I just couldn't resist the price. I also can't wait to wear it with blacks and purples.

From: neimanmarcus.com

Designer: Bagatelle

Price: $175








If i had more money, I would definitely have gone for either of the next two. The Andrew Marc has more of a boxy fit and June one fits closer to the body. Either way, I love the motorcycle cut. I found both of them on bluefly.com

Designer: Andrew Marc (left); June (right)

Price: $311 (left); $395 (right)



A friend of mine just ordered this one from bluefly.com. I love the cut and the color. It is definitely a universally flattering color that will look good on anyone.

Designer: Michael Kors

Price: $267






I LOVE this one from Aqua. It more casual and has a detachable hood. It comes in black also and is real leather.

From: bloomingdales.com

Designer: Aqua

Price: $298










This one is great too - it has a crinkle effect and has a perfect fit. The price is pretty good for a real chic leather jacket.

From: bluefly.com

Designer: Levis

Price: $239






Here is a cheap alternative to real leather. The studs on the collar make it more edgy and I love the length.

From: bluefly.com

Designer: Kenneth Cole Reaction

Price: $78








Bottom Line - There are cute leather jackets out there, but you will most likely have to spend at least $200 for an authentic one. Cute alternatives are fake leather and honestly, most of the time, no one will be able to notice. The only caveat is that the fake leather won't be as warm and won't feel like "armor" against the wind, as one friend put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment